Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mr. Roger's Neighborhood



Yesterday evening Greg and I were invited to a neighbor's for dinner.  She and her husband had invited several other neighbors and it was wonderful.  I always new I lived in a little secret place in Bend, tucked in the middle but with a feel of the forest...and yet I am reminded again what a sepcial place it is.  My neighbors are all friendly, dog lovers and live full lives.  Conversation was interesting and filled with laughter.

It is a throw back to my childhood...when we knew our neighbors and actually shared meals, stories and help.  I realized last night that I actually live in Mr. Roger's neighborhood.  We had a wonderful meal of BBQ pork rub and when I told them that we were serving that at the rehearsal dinner we were presented with a brand new container of "Rubbed With Love" pork rub...how wonderfully appropriate for a rehearsal dinner...and how sweet of our neighbors...

No comments: