Friday, April 9, 2010

Attitude Adjustment

It seems I need an attitude adjustment...or maybe the world does!  It is kinda like having a baby.  Once you have experienced childbirth, your pain threshold drops and if stub your toe you start screaming cause everything hurts so much more.

I feel like these days my emotional and physical nerves are on the surface.  When I get my feeling hurt by friends or family...I cry.  When I bang my head on a shelf...I cry.  When my dog falls out a window...I cry. Normally while I can empathize with someone's decisions even though it may hurt me...I now can't let stuff roll off my back...and I cry.

Maybe, it's the economy! LOL

I have become even more feeling...as if I didn't have enough of that gene.  I think I was born with a DNA feeling root...that allows me to feel more vunerable and whatever this particular DNA is...it also has caused me to speak up more.  Which means staff meetings are dangerous territory...cause my feeling are on the surface of my skin and the stupidity and injustice of some situations makes the DNA come out my mouth. LOL

I wonder if others are feeling the same way.  Maybe this has to do with moving through my 50's which is what this blog is actually about.  Maybe at 50+ you don't give a @#$% what you are told...you want to do what is right and makes sense.  Maybe in your 50's you start realizing that friendship is important and you need to be with people who value that friendship and walk the walk.  Maybe in your 50's you realize that you should have started that 401k in your 20's or 30's so you could venture to think about retirement.  Maybe in your 50's time is more important than money.

MAYBE, in your 50's you realize that you still could use an attitude adjustment.

No comments: