Friday, June 26, 2009

Going Out To Eat

There is something invigorating about going out to eat...it's the people you meet, the people you watch and the atmosphere. It is hardly ever the food.

This time of year in the past I would be enticed to go out to eat. People watching is the most fun activity I know. Let me be on a delayed flight in the San Francisco airport and I am in hog heaven.

But since moving to our home a couple of years ago I have found it hard to venture out to enjoy the night life. As I have created a nice area to eat on the deck, planted flowers, hung feeders and birdhouses I am loath to leave. I have privacy on my deck, the best table in town, the ability to people watch (golfers at happy hour on on the course are hysterical) and the wildlife is extraordinary. Although it is nice not to have to plan a meal occasionally, at my age I am finding most things I eat out give me indigestion. I am a simple cook and it is nice to know exactly what is going into the preparation of my meal...rarely causing me the burps.

I thought it was the economy that was changing my pattern of night life but in fact it is having the cutest bartender, the best table, good entertainment and yummy food.

No comments: