Friday, June 5, 2009

Chatty Cathy

I was talking with Greg about someone who tells the same story over and over and over and over again. He said...kinda like that doll when we were children where you pulled a cord in her back and she repeated a series of 6 statements over and over and over again.

I know someone like that. It is exhausting emotionally to hear the same stories over and over again. I know we all get together and will sometimes repeat a favorite family story or sometimes you forget who you told what story and you repeat yourself. But...geesh...to hear the same story 4 times in the same day. It is not because of senility it is because they like to hear their own voice.

I feel bad that there is something missing in their life...but I want to stick a sharp pencil in my eye to put myself out of my misery...well maybe not a sharp pencil but at the very least a nice gin and tonic direct to the brain.

No comments: