Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stopping Time

It is already the end of May and 7 more days it will be June! It is said over and over again by people I know and those in passing, that time is flying. How can it be June already? It is not only older folks who are chanting the mantra but the young.

Time Keeps on Slippin', Slippin', Slippin' into the Future.....

It has been speculated that time keeps increasing momentum because every part of our lives has changed so that we can accomplish more with less investment of time. We have microwaves to defrost food, convection oven to cook faster, bluetooth so we can talk while we do other things, computers to send greetings....faster, faster, faster.

What IF???? Time could be slowed down....what if we can grab our life and make is last longer and sweeter....what if we could savor a moment???

What if we decide that every moment needs our total attention and in return we are given time. Instead of woofing down our lunch, taste each bite. Enjoying the outdoors when we are pulling weeds rather than thinking of the 20 things that still need to be done...what if we enjoyed the moment.

I woke myself up last night laughing out loud in a dream...I can't remember what I was dreaming but I remember how good it felt to laugh out loud.

Today I start living in the seconds because I don't want December to roll around and be standing in my home saying, "Where did this year go?" I want to be standing in my home in December and be saying, "This moment is sweet."

No comments: