Monday, May 11, 2009

On The Road Again

As predicted, enjoying the journey can bring you peace. We are a goal driven society. We set up our lives with the shoulds and have toos...life can unfold in a beautiful way if we stop looking at the goal but view the space we inhabit moment to moment.

When I am aware in the true sense, I see and meet life in the most amazing way. I have not only listened to a incredible young man but heard what occurs between the listening. The true message does not lie where the words reside, but between the words and between the sentences.

I have been told I am intuitive, insightful and aware. For most, the words mean only what is defined by the dictionary. For me it is what occurs between these words that has meaning. It is not something I am gifted with...in fact, it is something that exists from the moment of conception for everyone. The only difference between myself and the next person, is the desire not to let the rules and pace of life interfere with my desire to hear between the words. It has been what resides between words that has been my salvation.

I do believe that listening and truly hearing are two different things and although lost to many, I believe you can regain this skill. The more people that can hear between the words, the more peace can occur, on a family, community and world level.

No comments: