Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reflection of a life...

...or is it a reflection of how we are choosing to live??? When I look in the mirror I see a person who is alive but how am I choosing to live? Today I went to a meeting attended by people from all over the hospital. What I noticed was a reflection of myself...someone who has let the day to day life affect how I treat myself. Today, I saw what letting stress and choices tip life ever so slightly out of balance.

Whether it be the economy, marriage, children or work...letting the stress occupy more space will be obvious to others. Some were larger than the last time I had seen them, some were tired looking, some looked gaunt...but out of a meeting full of people only one looked well. I felt like this room of people were carrying their choices on the outside and didn't leave any space for examination on the inside.

It is a wake up call for me. A room full of people who had basically decided to shorten their life span because of stress.

No comments: