Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tossing and Turning


Last night I tossed and turned from 0100 to about 0230. It seemed my brain was trying to solve the problems of the world. And, as if the problems of the world weren't enough by 0200 I started worrying about how I was going to perform my duties when I had to get up at 0400 to get ready for work???

I had read that counting backwards from 800 by 4's will drop you off to sleep. Well, I tried that several time reaching 770's before giving up. I struggled with the idea of calling in sick...but I never do this unless I am reallllly sick. And I can't even remember when I called in sick...I think it was last year.

Finally what made me fall asleep was a mantra...you are a good person and worth loving...ahhhh. There is nothing like a loving thought wrapped around your soul to make you relax.

And so sleep came and the alarm went off at 0400. I am ready for the day but boy do I feel sorry for the person I must take care of at around 2:00 PM...I should be toast by then.

No comments: