Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Foodies of Napa


My sister donated a Korean dinner for eight to the AAUW auction. The winning bid was by a dining group of 4 couples for $800! She organized her kitchen crew, Pat the Sommelier and master of the BBQ. Melinda the assistant server and bottle washer, myself...sous chef. And last but not least Michiko, queen of presentation.


Hor'Dourves and champagne were served on the back patio. The weather was wonderful and this group of couples had been dining together for several years.

It was fun to be "kitchen help" with a towel draped over my left forearm I periodically would walk out and replenish the appetizer plates while my brother in law kept the champagne and wine flowing.


Michiko said, "you not only eat with your mouth but with your eyes." Which means, presentation of the table and food is what guests first take in when being seated. My sister's son and DIL designed printed the menus and they were beautiful.
































As I look at the photos of the table, people and the presentation I acknowledge that I came home filled with great cooking and presentation tips, a warm heart and a greater understanding of team work. It took a band of 5 to pull this wonderful dining experience off and now the word it out...we may have more meals to prepare!

No comments: