Monday, August 9, 2010

Grandparents Need To Work Out!



After my first 24 hours with my grandson I realized grandparents really need to be in shape! My sister told me just last week that she was exhausted taking care of her grandson even though she was in shape.
I have to preface the above statement with an addendum. It has been great! I am challenged to not only keep up physically but, mentally. I know life needs to change around here because we need more stamina. Even Enzo is pooped...and he is loving every minute.
My grandson fell asleep at 8:00 PM. Sleeping till I woke him at 0630...cause we had to go to the dog park. Enzo needed his exercise and I mean exercise. He was in 7th heaven having a 8 years old boy running around with him! Now he is sound asleep at my feet and it is only 4:00 PM.
It is a learning experience for all of us. He made his lunch in anticipation of camp. Made his bed this morning and then spent the day at camp. All in the same moment he loved camp and then did not love camp. Life is like that at 8 yrs. old...you can want something and not want it, all in the same breath.
I had no idea how quiet Greg and I had settled into a routine until you have someone talking to you and asking you questions 24/7. I had no clue how quiet life was around here. But with an 8 year old brain in full wrinkle mode there is no quiet allowed. You have got to love the amount of learning that is going on in that brain...processing, processing, processing...
Parenting is definitely for the young but grand parenting is for the young at heart!

No comments: