Thursday, August 12, 2010

Creative Biological Clock

I believe that time becomes very important in a different sort of way. When you tip over into your 50's and especially heading towards your 60's. You still feel pretty darn good physically and mentally but you can feel the slow down and there seems to be more obituaries in the paper of people in your age group.


The Creative Biological Clock starts ticking. What do you want to do with the time left to you. What have you always wished for, wanted to accomplish and or see. How do you want to break out of your daily routine. I think that is why "retirement" is so enticing. We see it as a forced break in the routine. But, then it arrives and we are not prepared for the vastness of time. I want to keep pushing my envelope now. I want to become a better person, I want to learn new things, I want to be a force in my creative biological clock instead of a bystander...watching my time tick down.


I saw a commercial for a new TV show and knew immediately it was going to become one of my weekly lineups. "The Big C" with Laura Linney. I have always liked her as a actress and this series is about a woman with stage 4 melanoma. It is about time. It is a comedy. What one woman does with the time she has left. What is important. Laura Linney was raised on the east coast, avoiding the Hollywood scene. I love what she said about L.A. "I think there are two viruses in L.A. There's the "what I have isn't enough" virus which is deadly. And the "what do they think of me" virus which will drive you insane. Everyone is going to be affected by this at one point...no one is immune. What you choose to do with your time and who you spend it with will have a great impact on how at 50, your creative biological clock ticks.

No comments: