Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Feeling My Age...or...Age Is A State Of Mind

I am trying to decided if lately I am feeling my age or if, how I am feeling is a state of mind? What ever it is...it is contagious! This past weekend with girlfriends our conversations would move towards our physical maladies...is this the way it is going to be?...or is it the only thing we can remember because of short term memory?!
We do go to bed early...as in 8:30 PM but it is because we have to get up early. I do feel bad when I am lying in bed and I can still hear golfers go by, birds carrying on and occasional walker. What the hey!!! I am in bed!!!
Yesterday our son was heading back over the mountain and so we decided to have dinner early, 4:30PM. The scary part...is I liked it! My digestion was better and I slept better when I got into bed at 8:30PM. OH MY GOD!!! Please GOD!!! don't let me start heading out to Izzy's for their early bird special...where is JJ North's when a senior citizen needs an early dinner!
Today, I am going to do something totally not in my age range of appropriate behavior...like float down the river on my inner tube...or garden in spiked heels...or put purple streaks in my hair and get a belly button piercing with a tattoo...or maybe I will just except that I am who I am and garden in my sensible boots, take the dog for a walk and quilt...ahhhhh I feel better all ready.

No comments: