Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pause



I was almost asleep last night when the word "Pause" entered my brain. It bounced around in there and then as I started looking at it and thinking about it I came to believe that it may be the most important word in our dictionary today! Just think if that guy who pressed the "fire missile" button in North Korea had just paused for a second and really thought about the repercussions.


How many times have we regretted something we had said because our mouth was in gear before our brain realized "what the hey" was going on...Pause. Such a simple word...but so powerful.


My "Pause" button is nice shiny red thing that sits in the middle of my brain. I use it often, to prevent heartache, to prevent over scheduling myself...to really think about how I want my life to play out day to day. Every so often I take a "leap of mouth" and then I realize that I need to shine my pause button...think before speaking...chose who to share my thoughts with and slow down. Some days at work I have to employ the little monkey in my brain and have him jump up and down on the button all day long...whewwww...on those days we have both worked hard...to PAUSE.

No comments: