Thursday, December 2, 2010

One Pet Per House!

I have to admit he was kinda cute sitting between 2 cans of beans looking at me...but, at first he made me pee my pants!!!! I bent over to take a eye level look at him and he just stared back...then I shook my red apron hanging on the door and he retreated to the back of the pantry.

I looked at Enzo (useless pet) who looked at me with an expression of "what the hey is this woman doing looking in the pantry when she should obviously go change her pants!" I was freaked!!!!!!!! I have never seen a mouse nor any clues that a mouse has been inside my house since we moved here over 3 years ago. So I ran out to the garage and got a package of mouse traps that we had from one of our old houses and spread peanut butter on it...left a note for Greg and headed to work. By the time he came down from his shower...Enzo was saying a passage from the mouse bible.
Of course being one of those people who is a slight germaphobe, the next day I spent all afternoon bringing everything out of my pantry, washing the tops of my can goods, throwing away anything that looked like my dear departed friend might have looked at, sniffed, or nibbled!
Then I set 2 more traps and am happy to say he was a single guy with no date who just came in from the cold to party.

No comments: