Monday, December 6, 2010

Making New Traditions

One of the most important things that I have always wanted to pass to my children was the importance of making "traditions." It is such little things that make such a huge difference as you get older.
Christmas was always a big deal around our house...although the holiday cheer was generated by my dad and myself as his assistant. Decorating the tree was a time to be together and have snack dinner.
As life and work does need to go on...Greg and I will be bringing in the holiday cheer sans family...so we decided that we needed to create some new traditions that will be ours, together. Yesterday as we decorated the house, I reminisced about my dad, we had snack dinner and we made Spanish coffees! Fire and all!!! It was so much fun that we are now going to make Spanish coffees our decorating tradition!
I went to the OR's party for the first time and danced my tootsies off. I am not sure it will be a tradition...but it was fun. I may take Enzo to get a picture with Santa!
I guess what I realize is that traditions can evolve and new one created and still be a tradition...maybe the tradition is to be open to new traditions!

No comments: