Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What Do You See


A friend of mine was bemoaning the lines showing up on her face and the sagging of her jowls. Since we work in surgery and talk to surgeons on and off all day she stopped one of the "plastic" guys and asked them if there was something that could be done. He told her she was fine and to stop looking at her face with one of those 10x mirrors!

It is important to accept that we do age and that there is a different kind of beauty in aging. I think those mirrors are made to help us with our aging eye sight...not to view who we are. I feel powerful these days when I look in the mirror and this morning I was wondering why?

I realized that somewhere along the recent days and weeks...I started liking what I was seeing. I stopped highlighting my hair, and I like my hair with little sprinkles of gray. I stopped looking at my jowls and started seeing my cheeks. I stopped using harsh make up and began using something more natural...and now...


When I look in the mirror I see me...and for 57 yrs old...I am pretty darn cute.

No comments: