Monday, January 10, 2011

Backwards


Have you ever put you shirt on backwards and gone about your business without a clue? I did that this week. It was a nice long sleeved tee shirt and I just put it on backwards. I head to the first appointment of the day, my physical therapist...who is my new guru. We are sitting across from each other talking about my spectacular progress and something starts feeling funny...first in my brain, then at my neck. So I touch the neckline and realized I have my shirt on backwards.


Most people would just ignore it until they were in the privacy of a bathroom and switch it around. Not me...I am a what you see kinda gal who just lives right out there. When I fall down, I don't try to jump right back up and hope no one notices...I sit there and cry out loud, "I fell down" in case no one did notice. I can tap into my 4 year old heart in a mintue. So as soon as my fingers realized the neckline was wrong and my brain registered that my shirt was backwards...I looked at Stewart, PT and said, "my shirts on backwards!" He chuckled...and I said "weird that I would put my shirt on backwards." and so when we were going to move to the next room I told him, "I gotta fix my shirt" and I did.


I think it is a positive thing to be able to face something, and just accept and adjust. I am going to remember this today as I head to work....cause right now my work like is backwards.

No comments: